Birthday Milestones:
JIA'S 4TH BIRTHDAY - May 20, we found out that the paperwork for our baby was complete, they had her passport, and we could book our tickets.
So . . . we're leaving our house Wednesday night, May 28 to drive to Kim's Grandma's where we'll stage our departure. Stacy will fly in that night, and meet us at Grandma's.
Early Thursday morning (May 29) we are flying (via New York) on buddy passes to Mumbai (Bombay), India -complements of my co-worker Vicki Cowley. We might even have 2 of our tickets in first class, so we can rotate some good naps, whch will feel great on the 16-hour flight from NY to India. Thank you Vicki!!!
We'll arrive late Friday night (May 30) and rest two days at a hotel on the Bombay coast - the Arabian Sea.
On KIM'S BIRTHDAY - June 1, we take the express train to Pune, India and prepare to meet our daughter. Kim receives her birthay present of a second daughter early the next morning - June 2.
On June 4 we fly to Delhi, where we process all of our baby's visa paperwork, so she can come into the United States as a legal immigrant who we've vowed to financially sponsor (while we're going through the US hoops to make her our adopted daughter - in India's eyes we have been her parents since April 22). We'll also get to use some of our evenings to visit some of Kim's old friends from when she lived in Delhi - wahoo!
Late in the evening of June 7, we depart on an airline that my travel agent mother and grandmother have never heard of - Etihad. But the price was unbelievably cheap - we'll soon find out why ;). We fly through Abu Dhabi, JFK, and back to San Francisco, arriving in the afternoon of June 8.
We'll crash at Grandma's again, and try to open our eyes for a 3 hour doctor appointment at an international adoption clinic in Oakland. We'll regroup at Grandma's, maybe take a swim/lunch/nap and try to be on the road for home that evening, where Meema (Troy's mom)will be waiting for us- Ahhh!
SALONI'S FIRST BIRTHDAY, on June 10, we'll be home! Amazing, huh? That late afternoon (to keep us from going to bed at 4pm) we'll have a casual open house to welcome home our new baby and wish her a happy birthday! All are welcome BETWEEN 4:30-6:30.
As Jia sings it, "HATTY BIRTHDAY TO ME!"
Troy, of course, is literally the odd man out in this group. He'll have to wait for his birthday until December.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awesome! God is full of good gifts.
Wow! Amazing and Perfect.
When dates align like that it seems the perfection is that much more apparent.
This is really exciting and as I've mentioned before...it's so great to be able to get the updates and know what is going on.
Yes, Happy Birthday to ALL! (even Troy; it's his HALF-birthday)
Ha!
I've also given some thought to your name question.
I think three names is a lot (mouthful). Maybe you could combine two of the names.
Like: Ashan (Asha and Kiran), or Kirha (pronounced whatever way you like and a mix of Kiran and Asha.)
Just an idea for a creative way to have your cake AND ice cream.
I still think keeping Saloni as it is is a good thing. She does know her name and despite how some may think (others...kids..may associate with the name and tease).
It is a beautiful name, one she will love and appreciate when she grows older. It will help build character as well. Take it from someone with a different name.
Love,
Tanley
P.S.
some kids used to rhyme my name with "manly". So, I was "manly Tanly". Kids are kids and will say and do the darnedest things no matter what your name is they will figure out a way to have "fun" with it. Don't be too ruffled over that aspect of naming. I did not fair poorly because of my name. I love my name and wouldn't trade it for the world. She wont either.
~Tanley
Thanks for including me in your blog! It's a great way to keep everyone "in the know." I wish Kim, Troy, Jia and Stacy safe travels and look forward to meeting your new babe when you return.
I think Tanley made some great suggestions regarding Saloni's other names...combining Asha and Kiran into two different names. If I had to choose, I guess I'd go with Kirha Saloni Dixon because it flows off the tongue easily...also Kirha sort of rhymes with Jia! (they both end in "a") However, I love the name Asha Saloni Dixon too. What choices!
Take care and enjoy every moment of your trip,
Carol
P.S. Can't believe I misspelled Dickson! I just got off the phone with an old friend named Beverly Dixon. SO SORRY! Carol
Post a Comment